Why is Pastor Demers being singled out and attacked like this? The target of the arson was a building that belonged to a church. In any other place/situation where a church is the target of an arson, all of the stops are pulled out to investigate.
We quote below from an article in the November 9, 2008 Boston Sunday Globe regarding an arson against a church in Springfield, Massachusetts:
“The fire that destroyed a church being built for a predominantly black congregation was intentionally set, law enforcement officials said yesterday…
“But federal and state investigators have not been able to determine from the evidence whether it was a hate crime, State Fire Marshall Stephen D. Coan said at a news conference attended by federal, state, and local law enforcement officials. All potential motives are being investigated, he said. We know it’s arson. We know it’s a very serious crime and we’re going to do everything we can to identify the perpetrator and to prosecute that person or persons responsible,” said Hampden District Attorney William M. Bennett.
“He said whoever set the fire could face federal charges, depending on what the investigation uncovers.
“ ‘Arson is a particularly heinous crime,’ said Springfield Police Chief William Fitchet. ‘And when a church is targeted, it tears at the very fabric of our community. It attempts to destroy the doctrines upon which the Republic is built.’
Mayor Domenic Sarno of Springfield extended condolences to Robinson and his congregation and called for a show of public support to ‘send a message’ condemning arson.
Coan declined to say whether authorities had any leads on suspects. The officials did not detail the evidence that led them to suspect that the fire had been intentionally set.
‘Let’s move forward from today and collectively solve this horrific crime,’ said Coan, who encouraged the public to contact local police or the Arson Hotline, 1-800-682-9229, with any information. A reward of up to $5,000 is offered for clues to solving the case.”
The above article delineates the proper attitudes and actions of law enforcement and the community when there is an arson committed against a church. These things have been denied to Christ’s Church in Action regarding this arson which was committed against them. Read on…
OCT 4, 2004: (page 6, Narrative #7, Reported and entered 10/05/04 by Detective Havard)
According to Detective Havard, Ken Storms called him on this date and asked for an update on the case. Detective Havard informs him that he hasn’t talked with Joshua Powell or Nicole Powell. Ken Storms tells Detective Havard to call Joshua Powell, and Detective Havard says he will.
This is approximately 6 months after Ken Storms had told Detective Havard to get names from Pastor Demers and do an investigation. Ken Storms is now, 6 months later, asking Detective Havard for an update regarding the arson investigation.
-What has Detective Havard done?
-Where are his actions on the police report?
-What suspects/witnesses has he actually talked to?
-What results has he gotten?
Pastor Demers had been in contact with Ken Storms since Detective Havard came to the parsonage at Ken’s direction. Pastor Demers informed Ken that Detective Havard was not doing his job; that Joshua Powell had not been contacted by Detective Havard to date.
NOTE: Pastor Demers had been talking with Joshua Powell on a fairly regular basis, and Joshua Powell told Pastor Demers that he had not been contacted by Detective Havard. Joshua Powell told Pastor Demers that he had called Detective Havard twice and had left a message on the second call. Joshua Powell even asked Pastor Demers if he was sure that Detective Havard wanted to talk to him, because he had not heard anything from Detective Havard.
So, because of this information given to Ken Storms, Mr. Storms called Detective Havard asking for an update in the case, and told Detective Havard to call Joshua Powell.
· Pastor Demers had given Detective Havard Joshua’s cell phone number. Pastor Demers also gave Rev. Washington’s number to Detective Havard as an extra number to get a hold of Joshua Powell, because Detective Havard had said that he was having trouble getting a hold of Joshua. If Detective Havard was trying to call Joshua Powell but was having trouble getting a hold of him, how could he have been calling Joshua if he didn’t have his phone number? (And of course Det. Havard did have Joshua’s phone number.)
· Regarding “Mr. Easley,” whom Detective Havard says he was trying to contact, we don’t know who Det. Havard is talking about. From the description it sounds like it could be “Mr. Early,” a neighbor to 518 41st Avenue, who is actually one of the alleged arsonists, who, a few years after the arson, bragged to two of the victims that they would never find out anything about that fire because he had friends downtown, “good friends.” (By the way, in the next entry in his report, Detective Havard refers to him as “Earnest.”)
· If a detective can’t even get the names correct for suspects, and won’t interview all possible suspects in a timely fashion (because he never interviewed the victims immediately after the crime), and won’t “lean” on the suspects and pursue this investigation relentlessly, then how can he solve the crime?
It appears from these events that Ken Storms was sincerely being helpful to the victims…was he? Or was he merely responding to the fact that the victims were bringing up these legitimate claims and that Ken Storms really had no choice but to take some kind of action? We now allege that Ken Storms was “dirty” all along, and that he would just “put on a show” to try and placate the victims so they would “go away” and eventually give up trying to seek justice. (More will be explained about Ken Storms later in this document.)
Case in point: At these meetings, Pastor Demers and his wife would remind Mr. Storms that the mayor had lied to them on July 1, 2003 in saying that he would get back to them regarding the arson within 24 hours and then never did…and how the mayor had “dodged” their phone calls after that. Pastor Demers and his wife would point out that the mayor had to be “dirty.” Ken Storms would always bristle at this and would be indignant, insisting that the mayor was not “dirty.”
Finally, at one particular meeting, Pastor Demers said, “Well, then you have to admit he was at least rude to us in doing that to us.” Ken Storms admitted that, yes, the mayor was rude in what he had done. Yet, when Pastor Demers suggested that Ken Storms go into the Mayor’s office, right next door, and ask the mayor to apologize to him (Pastor Demers) and his wife, Ken Storms would not do it. This is very telling.
A woman named Catrice Ratcliff, who was living in one of the houses which was owned by New Beginnings Church (she lived at 527 41st Avenue, diagonally across from 518 41st Avenue) called police and reported that Amy Edwards, daughter of Adelia Spencer, had threatened her that if she didn’t move out of that house by 3pm that day, that she (Amy) was going to burn the house down with Catrice and her family in it (Catrice had 5 children.) (Although Adelia and her followers (about 250 people) had left Mississippi for Florida about one year earlier, they still owned the properties in the area surrounding the house that was burned. Amy had come back into town to “take care of some business.”)
AMY EDWARDS’ ACTIONS CLEARLY SHOW A SIMILAR M.O., BUT THERE WAS NOTHING ABOUT THIS IN DETECTIVE HAVARD’S REPORT.
Pastor Demers and his wife met with Meridian Fire Chief Tim Miller, Vince Vincent (Meridian Fire Department Investigator) and Drew Sheldrick of ATF. Chief Miller had set this up because the victims “were not getting any help downtown” with the investigation. Pastor Demers and his wife were told by them that the mayor’s office and the police were blocking the investigation, so that is why the ATF was called in to try to come from another angle to get relief. Note also that the ATF was already investigating Adelia and company.
Joshua Powell tells Pastor Demers that about 2-3 weeks prior to this date he (Joshua) had asked a certain person about the fire, and that this person had given him a name. Joshua ended up talking to this person who did the fire. Pastor Demers informs Detective Havard of this. DETECTIVE HAVARD DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO TALK TO JOSHUA POWELL EVEN AFTER THIS NEW INFORMATION SURFACES.
Detective Havard enters a supposed May 17, 2004 occurrence into police report on April 11, 2005, WAY out of sequence: WAY AFTER it supposedly occurred.
(Page 6, narrative #8, reported 5/24/04, entered 4/11/05) We see an entry that is out of sequence in the police report, supposedly occurring on May 17, 2004, supposedly reported by Detective Havard on 5/24/04, and yet not entered until 4/11/05.
This entry by Det. Havard is convoluted and full of lies. It appears to be a desperate attempt to cover himself because he didn’t do what he was supposed to do; it’s that simple.
(Narrative #9, p.7, 4/12/05)
Detective Havard requests that this case go to file. Detective Havard claims that he, Fire Investigator Vince Vincent, and Fire Marshal Jeff Homan have exhausted all leads in an attempt to solve this arson.
WHAT LEADS DID HE EVEN PURSUE? HE NEVER TALKED TO A SINGLE SUSPECT, EXCEPT ONE. HE NEVER TALKED TO THE VICTIMS AND KEY WITNESSES.
NOTE: JOSHUA POWELL, WHO IS OBVIOUSLY AVAILABLE BY PHONE AND IS WILLING TO TESTIFY, AGAIN IS NOT CONTACTED, AND INSTEAD, DET. HAVARD REQUESTS THAT THE CASE GO TO FILE. Note the closeness in dates:
· New evidence surfaces through Joshua Powell, who has a name and has talked with a person who actually set the fire. He tells Pastor Demers about it on March 17, 2005.
· Less than a month later, on April 12, 2005, Detective Havard declares that he is requesting the case go to file, because he claims he has exhausted all leads in an attempt to solve this arson! Duh—what a joke! Detective Havard is following his usual pattern here. This is just another counter move because some information has surfaced which would actually help him solve the arson. And he DOES NOT WANT TO.
WHAT DID DETECTIVE HAVARD DO ABOUT GETTING THE NAME FROM JOSHUA POWELL REGARDING WHO SET THE FIRE? ANSWER…NOTHING!
It should be noted that after these last acts by Detective Havard which resulted in his shutting down the “investigation,” even Vince Vincent turned against the victims, based on false and misleading information about Pastor Demers, which probably came from this slanderous police report, the slanderous part being produced by Detective Havard. Again, we believe that Detective Havard’s final act in shutting down his (supposed) investigation was an act of desperation because of the ATF’s actions in attempting to look into this matter, and because of Joshua Powell’s surfacing with new information which he told to Pastor Demers regarding an actual name being given to Joshua of one of the arsonists, and a conversation that Joshua had with that person.
NOTE: There also was and has been a media “blackout” regarding this arson. On the night of the fire and in the aftermath, nothing at all was reported in the media—nothing was on the television news, or in the local newspaper, The Meridian Star.
In The Meridian Star, on a regular basis, fires are front page news…there are photos/articles about fires on the front page on a regular basis. Not only house fires are featured on the front page, but a car fire and a trash fire were on the front page, with photos. (Yes, we have copies of the articles which we saved from the newspaper, showing this.)
Someone must have been alerted in the media and told not to cover this story. What other explanation could there be, if even a trash fire and a car fire make it to the front page, but there was nothing anywhere about this fire?
As stated in the beginning of this document, there is much more that needs to be investigated, and many more people that need to be investigated. This attachment was focusing on Detective Havard’s lack of any proper investigation, and his report ends on April 12, 2005.
TO THIS DAY THIS ARSON HAS STILL NOT BEEN INVESTIGATED; THERE HAS BEEN NO JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS.
There is much more that has happened in this case and against this church and these people subsequent to the April 12, 2005 date where the police report ends. Further documentation of events subsequent to this, with the names of the perpetrators, are being prepared by others at the present time to present to the proper authorities, media outside Meridian, and to post on the World Wide Web.
· On October 5, 2005, Pastor Demers, Mrs. Demers, Lucinda Johnson (Executive Assistant to CCIA), and Deborah Keller (CCIA Secretary), meet with Mayor John Robert Smith regarding the arson. Mayor Smith acts terribly; is yelling and out of control.
· On this same date, in the evening, Pastor Demers, his wife Patricia, and Lucinda Johnson were ministering to an individual whom CCIA had been helping. They were at the place this person was renting, which was a room in a boarding house. A woman came by and started talking to them…she told them that she was married to someone in Adelia’s family and knew the names of two men who actually set fire to the house, and gave them the names. (We have this woman’s name, but we have become cautious about releasing names because everyone who tries to assist the victims in this case whose name we release ends up getting threatened.)
· When asked why Adelia was never prosecuted, she said “it’s because Adelia’s got lots of money… ‘Money talks, B.S. walks.’” (Note: This corroborates what Bill Watson had said in the parsonage living room at CCIA: “The reason you’re not getting help downtown is because big money changed hands.”)
· On October 6, 2005, Ken Storms meets with Lucinda Johnson on a park bench near the abandoned projects (the location was at Ken Storm’s request). Among other things, he tells Ms. Johnson that there was an investigation and that Pastor Demers has been given the report. This is not true. At this point, neither Pastor Demers nor any of the victims had been given any documents at all about the arson. Mr. Storms then says that he will set up a meeting once and for all, with all of the principals involved (meaning Det. Havard, Jeff Homan, Vince Vincent, etc. as well as all of the victims. Ken Storms also says he will get Lucinda Johnson copies of all reports regarding the arson, (never did) and that he will have the fire marshal get back to her in about a week. (This never happened; he didn’t keep his word.)
Some of the things Ken Storms was saying sounded good on the surface….but the Mayor and Mr. Storms had been “backed into a corner” because of the meeting with the mayor (on October 5, 2005—the day before) where four (4) people were asking questions, not just two. Ken Storms said this because he had to. They were probably going to get everyone together and try to “snow” the victims, but we believe that in the long run their plan failed because they couldn’t get (Meridian Fire Chief) Tim Miller to lie… (NOTE: Tim Miller resigned from his job as Meridian Fire Chief a little over a month after the meeting between Lucinda Johnson and Ken Storms.)
Subsequent to this meeting with Ken Storms, every time Lucinda Johnson would see Ken Storms he would tell her “There will be a meeting,” but he was always putting it off, making excuses, stringing her along….This went on for over 8 months, until Ken Storms got angry when new evidence surfaced and told Lucinda Johnson that there would be no meeting (see June 9, 2006 entry in this document, below).
Ms. Johnson had also told Ken Storms about the woman who had told us who set the fire. Subsequent to this, no one from the police department contacted us to get the name, so we don’t know if Ken Storms simply never bothered to tell anyone, or if he did and the police or someone else stopped it from being pursued.
· On November 10, 2005, Meridian Fire Chief Tim Miller announces that he will be resigning the post of Fire Chief, although he has only been chief for 2 years. He is leaving the city employ altogether to go work in a sporting goods store.
· On November 28, 2005, Dr. Charles Spahn and Lucinda Johnson met with Mayor Smith on another subject. When asked about the arson, the mayor acted terribly, but he did say to them that there was going to be a meeting with “the police detective, Fire Marshal Jeff Homan, Vince Vincent, the ATF agent…and anyone else whom Ken feels will lend to the conversation.”
· On November 30, 2005, Tim Miller’s resignation takes effect.
· On May 27, 2006, Pastor Demers and Lucinda Johnson (Executive Assistant to CCIA) were out doing yard work at 518 41st Avenue and ended up having a conversation with Mr. Early, who lives next door to 518 41st Avenue and is one of the alleged arsonists. Mr. Early taunted them about the fire, saying, laughing, “I have friends downtown…good friends…I know stuff about that fire that you’ll never know.” Lucinda Johnson left voice mail messages for Ken Storms regarding Mr. Early’s comments, keeping him informed as usual.
· On June 9, 2006, Lucinda Johnson called Ken Storms after not hearing from him in over a week and a half. She asked if he had gotten her messages regarding Mr. Early’s comments, and the fact that the comments imply a cover up of the investigation of the arson. Ken Storms became angry and told Lucinda Johnson that there was “no longer going to be any meeting.”
· On September 11, 2006, Pastor Demers, his wife Patricia, and Lucinda Johnson met with Vince Vincent. Lucinda Johnson had called Mr. Vincent previously to ask if he knew anything about the meeting that Ken Storms had supposedly been setting up. (Ken Storms had told Lucinda Johnson at one point that all of the principals--of which Mr. Vincent was one--were ready to be involved in the meeting except one, who had to take care of a situation first.) Mr. Vincent had no knowledge of any proposed meeting…he said that he had tried to find out about it by asking his superiors, but that when he had asked them, none of them knew of any meeting. Lucinda Johnson left a voice mail for Ken Storms during this meeting with Mr. Vincent, stating that Mr. Vincent knew nothing of any meeting, and asking Mr. Storms why this was. (Mr. Storms never contacted her and never responded to her in any way to answer her questions.)
· On Sept. 19, 2006, Pastor Demers and his wife, Patricia, spoke at a City Council meeting regarding the arson which had been committed against CCIA. (This is the only time that The Meridian Star reported anything at all mentioning the fire, and it was WAY after the fact, over 3 years later, and a skewed report at that.) Jeff Homan, who was the new fire chief, who had been promoted from Fire Marshal to Chief in December of 2005, stated that it was an arson. This was reported in The Meridian Star, that THE CHIEF OF THE MERIDIAN FIRE DEPARTMENT SAID IT WAS ARSON. BUT THEN, IN THE CAPTION UNDER THE PHOTO OF PASTOR DEMERS, THE MERIDIAN STAR PUT “ALLEGED ARSON.” This shows the newspaper’s bias. How can an arson that was confirmed to be arson at the same meeting by the Fire Chief himself (who was the Fire Marshal at the time of the arson), and was printed in the same newspaper article, then be called, in the same newspaper article, an alleged arson? The caption was the most prominent, being right underneath a picture of Pastor Demers speaking to the City Council. This word “alleged” cast a shadow of doubt about what Pastor Demers was saying at the meeting.
· On October 2, 2006, Ken Storms called Pastor Demers and Mrs. Demers to tell them that Mr. Bill Watson was in his office and was denying that he had said: “The reason you’re not getting help downtown is because big money changed hands.”
· November 7, 2006: Pastor Demers and his wife Patricia attend a Meridian City Council Work Session and present facts about the arson and cover up and the persecution against CCIA. The City Council says that they have no “say-so” when the mayor does anything wrong.
Meanwhile, additionally, throughout this time frame, CCIA was being harassed by two other events:
MCBRIDE VENDETTA/ TAX-EXEMPTION DEBACLE
Mr. McBride was angry at Pastor Demers and CCIA because the Lauderdale County Board of Supervisors had overruled the Library Board in regards to some illicit materials in the library being made available for children to see. Pastor Demers and CCIA had brought it up to the Library Board (Bill McBride was a member) who had seen nothing wrong with it, and so Pastor Demers and CCIA brought it up before the Board of Supervisors, whose members (correctly) were shocked at the material being made available to children.
Tony Green, the County Administrator at the time, wrote a letter to Pastor Demers telling him that a committee from the Board of Supervisors had met with Mr. McCartney and the Library Board to make sure that they were placing tighter restraints on that type of material being made available to children. (Mr. McBride had visited the parsonage to view the material which talked about a 90 year-old man having sex with a 15 year old virgin, and Mr. McBride said, “I don’t see anything wrong with that.” Ms. Johnson said, “If you don’t see anything wrong with that, then you’re a dirty old man.”) The letter from Tony Green was dated December 29, 2005.
Mr. McBride “stewed” for a while, and then, on April 13, 2006 Mr. McBride was shown on television, complaining to the Board of Supervisors that he wanted examinations of certain properties because he felt that they should not be tax-exempt. CCIA’s property at 518 41st Avenue was shown on this news clip. We found out later from Tony Green that Mr. McBride had demanded that the Board look into CCIA’s tax-exempt status on that property. Mr. Green said that the Board tried to tell Mr. McBride that they couldn’t just look into one church, they would have to look into all of them if they did that, and that Mr. McBride insisted and made a lot of noise about it, so that the board ended up having to look at all of the churches tax-exemption statuses in Meridian. (Because of Bill McBride’s desire to stir up trouble for CCIA, the whole city’s churches and tax-exempt properties had to be re-examined for tax-exempt status.)
For CCIA, this began a long series of attendance at City Council meetings, document preparation, and the like, and tied the church staff up for over one year. To sum up, the tax-exemption on CCIA’s property at 518 41st Avenue was (improperly and not according to the law) revoked, and then later reinstated by the City Council when several of the members came and saw the usage of the property.
The law states that any property owned by a church and used for church purposes and not for profit is tax-exempt. It was clear looking at the law and the usage of the property that the property was tax exempt. That is the reason that, once some of the City Council members saw the usage of the property they “gave back” the tax-exemption they had revoked.
During the time frame of the tax-exemption debacle, Mr. McCartney started a slanderous thread on the Meridian Star forum, under the name of Ernest T. Bass (Mr. McBride joined in as “Sailorman”). Pastor Demers, his wife, and CCIA’s ministry were slandered mercilessly.
· Anyone who came to their defense was banned from posting on the forum, but slanderers were allowed to continue.
· This was in keeping with Crystal Dupre’s statement which she made to 2 people on separate occasions (Pastor Demers, and Lucinda Johnson) that she would never let them get the truth out in her newspaper, and to Mrs. Demers that she (Crystal) would never let the truth get out in her forum.
· Be reminded of the MEDIA BLACKOUT of the arson which has kept the normal outpouring of sympathy away from the victims; and now there was a slanderous thread on The Meridian Star’s forum.
· This further obscured any investigation, blocked any public outpouring of sympathy towards the victims, and hindered anything which may have been used to bring about justice in this case.
· One of the confusing things which Mr. McCartney started on the forum was that he called into question whether or not CCIA was really a church or not; he was publicly questioning whether the church should be tax-exempt or not. THAT was never in question; CCIA is a church, recognized by the Federal (US) Government as such since 1983, and exempt from taxes. The question in Meridian was NOT whether or not Christ’s Church in Action was a church or whether the church was tax-exempt; it was a question of whether or not that building was exempt from (ad valorem) taxes, which, of course, according to law, it always was.
· Because most people are not familiar with the laws, this all started great confusion among the public and was very hurtful to CCIA, its pastor, members, attendees, and people whom the church was trying to help.
Without going into all of the details here, after revoking CCIA’s ad valorem tax-exemption, the City Council reinstated the tax-exemption on Sept. 4, 2007. Now that this was over (over a year had gone by), CCIA was ready to re-address the question about the arson and cover-up, which had originally been brought up a year earlier. This issue had been side-tracked by the City Council’s refusal to do anything about it, and had been obscured by the tax-exemption hassle which was brought against CCIA.
A letter was written to the City Council on September 7, 2007, requesting that CCIA be placed on the agenda to address, among others, the following issues:
1. The cover-up of the arson, denial of equal protection under the law and denial of civil rights by city administration and police department, presentation to include police records (we had a partial copy of the report at that time) and CD recorded of CAO Ken Storms;
2. To request Council’s assistance in obtaining all records of police department and fire department concerning the arson;
3. To explain and present facts to show connection between that arson and the cover-up by city and kidnapping and brainwashing and psychological abuse of minor children;
4. To present laws under Title 18 of Federal Code to show that the city’s administration by its action and inaction violated same.
CCIA was placed on the agenda for the September 18, 2007 meeting, but was told in a letter from Pam McInnis, Clerk of council, that she had been directed to place CCIA on the Citizens’ Comment portion of the agenda (at the end of the meeting), and that CCIA would have five (5) minutes to speak.
At the September 18, 2007 meeting, John Robert Smith stood up before CCIA’s presentation, and, in a surprise, sensationalist move, VETOED the City Council’s reinstatement of CCIA’s tax-exempt status on 518 41st Avenue. Thus, the Mayor effectively eclipsed and obscured his own crimes being exposed, because the media and everyone else seized on his surprise veto, so no one paid attention to CCIA, again.
· One can see clearly how this was carefully orchestrated by the mayor to place CCIA at the end of the meeting, in addition to gagging them with only 5 minutes, and that he could then swoop in with his VETO and take all of the attention away from what CCIA was going to present regarding the crimes his administration had committed. Mayor John Robert Smith’s move was successful. The veto was the big news and made it to the front page of the paper, and no attention was brought to the mayor for his crimes.
· One should ask, why would a mayor be going after a little poor church whose tax revenue would only be a few hundred dollars at most?
AS STATED PREVIOUSLY, TO THIS DAY THERE HAS BEEN NO JUSTICE OR RELIEF TO THE VICTIMS OF THIS ARSON. THE VICTIMS HAVE BEEN TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE, THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT, THE FBI, ETC., TO NO AVAIL. THE POLICE REPORT DISCREDITS THE ONLY VICTIM CONSIDERED, AND COMPLETELY DISCOUNTS THE OTHER VICTIMS, NOT EVEN NAMING THEIR NAMES IN THE REPORT, AND SO NO ONE HAS TAKEN THIS MATTER SERIOUSLY.
TO REPEAT WHAT WE STATED EARLIER IN THIS DOCUMENT:
WE BELIEVE THAT THIS POLICE REPORT PLAYS A BIG ROLE IN THE REASON(S) WHY THE VICTIMS HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO OBTAIN JUSTICE FROM ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES WHICH THEY HAVE CONTACTED, INCLUDING THE MS ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT, THE FBI, ETC.—ANY ONE OF THESE AGENCIES WHO MAY HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS POLICE REPORT PROBABLY TOOK ONE LOOK AT IT AND COMPLETELY DISCOUNTED THE VICTIMS’ CLAIMS.
THERE IS ONLY ONE VICTIM NAMED OR REFERRED TO IN THIS POLICE REPORT, AND THIS VICTIM IS DISCREDITED IN THIS REPORT BY FALSE, MISLEADING, AND SLANDEROUS INFORMATION AS WELL AS BY OPINIONS OF DETECTIVE HAVARD WHICH HAVE NO BASIS IN FACT.
ALSO, THIS POLICE REPORT IS REPLETE WITH MISLEADING AND FALSE INFORMATION, PRESENTS A SKEWED PICTURE OF THE ACTUAL EVENTS, AND HAS MANY “HOLES” IN IT WHERE INFORMATION IS MISSING WHICH IS CRITICAL TO SOLVING THIS ARSON AND CRITICAL TO PRESENT TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY WHO MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO THIS CRIME.
BECAUSE THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IS SO MISLEADING AND SOME IS OUTRIGHT UNTRUE, AND BECAUSE THERE IS CRITICAL INFORMATION MISSING, NAMES OF VICTIMS ARE MISSING, NAMES OF SUSPECTS ARE MISSING, ETC.—THIS REPORT, BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PRESENTED BY A CREDIBLE SOURCE (THE MERIDIAN POLICE DEPARTMENT), ALTHOUGH TERRIBLY FALSE AND INCREDIBLY MISLEADING AND IN ERROR, HAS BEEN EFFECTIVELY USED BOTH TO BRING ABOUT AND TO CONTINUE A GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE.
THERE IS MUCH MORE THAT CAN BE PRESENTED IN THE PROPER VENUES. THIS DOCUMENT WAS PREPARED TO BACK UP THE COMPLAINT AGAINST DETECTIVE HAVARD, ONE INDIVIDUAL. BUT WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT HE ACTED ALONE. THE ACTIONS OF MANY OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO BE ADDRESSED AND INVESTIGATED, BUT WE HAD TO START SOMEWHERE.
By the way, we have been told by Lt. Dean Harper that the Meridian Police Department’s Internal Affairs division will not investigate Detective Havard. (Initially Lt. Harper said that since he was in Internal Affairs, he could investigate Detective Havard. But when he realized that we were actually going to follow through and file the complaint, he changed his story.) Since the Chief of Police is the one who okays everything that goes on, we assume that this came from the Chief of Police, Benny Dubose. We are submitting it anyway.
IF INDEED THE POLICE DEPARTMENT DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THIS INDIVIDUAL AND HIS ACTIONS IN THIS MATTER, THEREFORE, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MUST AND WILL BE PRESENTED IN ANY AND ALL OTHER VENUES IN WHICH IT CAN BE PRESENTED, INCLUDING MEDIA OUTSIDE OF MERIDIAN (DUE TO THE MERIDIAN MEDIA BLACKOUT), MAILINGS TO VARIOUS CENTER OF INFLUENCE PEOPLE AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS, BOTH LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY, AND THE WORLD WIDE WEB.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, NAMING THE NAMES OF OTHERS AND THEIR ROLES IN THE OBSTRUCTION OF THE ARSON INVESTIGATION AND OTHER CRIMES, WILL ALSO BE PRESENTED IN THE ABOVE DESCRIBED VENUES.
 Joshua’s wife
 Drew Sheldrick ended up saying that they couldn’t do anything for CCIA regarding the arson because they could only investigate for firearms violations by Adelia and company. We subsequently found out that this was a lie; not only does the ATF do arson investigations, but they trained the very first Accelerant Detection Canine, “Nellie,” in a pilot program in 1984! ATF does get called in for arson investigations; what Drew Sheldrick said was not true. The ATF has Certified Fire Investigators (CFI’s) throughout the United States, and a lab called the ATF Fire Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland.
 (In this phone call, Joshua Powell also confirmed to Pastor Demers that at one point in 2004 he had indeed called Detective Havard twice and left a message on the second call. He was wondering if Detective Havard really wanted to talk to him, since Detective Havard never called him back. Remember, Detective Havard had Joshua’s phone number all along, which had been given to him by Pastor Demers.)
 At the time of this writing, October 2008, Vince Vincent has left the city employ and has turned sympathetic towards the victims again, after realizing the truth.
 This entire meeting is on a recorded CD made by Ken Storms; we have the CD and a complete transcript of the contents.
 If, as Ken Storms was claiming, there had already been an investigation, why was he trying to get a meeting together?
 Dr. Spahn is an old friend of Pastor and Mrs. Demers, Ms. Johnson and Ms. Keller –he is the former Youth Minister of CCIA in Rhode Island
Next, go to "BERACHOT'S ANALYSIS," left of home page, to find out why and just what really happened and who was behind it all!
"All that is required for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."
SPREAD THE WORD--
WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE THIS WEB ADDRESS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND RESPECT?
(As many as you are able)