(continuation of "Attachment to Complaint against Meridian Police Detective Andrew Havard...")
(IN ACTUALITY, PASTOR DEMERS never committed a crime, HE WAS FRAMED; THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN IN A DOCUMENT PREPARED BY (NOW) U.S. SENATOR, SHELDON WHITEHOUSE, WHO WAS EXECUTIVE COUNSEL/POLICY CHIEF FOR THEN R.I. GOV. SUNDLUN. THE REPORT IS A REQUEST FOR A PARDON. IT IS ON THE GOVERNOR’S STATIONERY AND IS HAND-SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR.)
There is other objective documentation proving that Pastor Demers was framed; it is too lengthy a discussion for here, but among the documents which the (corrupt) judge never allowed at the pastor’s trial is a police report which corroborates Pastor Demers’ account of what happened, and proved his innocence. There are also court transcripts which show the lies and convoluted stories of the people who framed him, and there is other indisputable, objective evidence.
In addition, several of the people who framed (or who had a hand in framing/defaming) Pastor Demers, are now convicted felons themselves. For example:
· Chief Justice Thomas Fay was one of the main conspirators who framed Pastor Demers; Fay’s motive was to cover up his own crimes, (among which were a scam to bleed money from an estate illegally and to cover up crimes against children) and to “shut up” Pastor Demers so his (Fay’s) crimes would not be exposed. Fay was disbarred, removed from the bench, and is now a convicted felon.
· Governor DiPrete of Rhode Island was the person who promoted one of the other people who framed Pastor Demers, a lawyer named Rogeriee Thompson. DiPrete promoted her from attorney to RI Superior Court Justice. DiPrete served time in prison and is a convicted felon.
· Two police officers named Tooher and Binns brought a false charge against Pastor Demers; Pastor Demers was acquitted; subsequently Tooher and Binns were found guilty and convicted of the same charge they had brought against Pastor Demers.
But, even if Pastor Demers were guilty (he is not), what does that have to do with the people who committed the arson against Christ’s Church in Action?
And what about the other victims of the arson? What if Walter Demers did have a “criminal” record? What does that have to do with the fact that these other people (Patricia Demers, Joshua Powell, Deborah Keller, and others) were victims of this crime of arson?
It is important to note that none of the other victims of the arson were even named on the police report. The only one named as a victim was Pastor Demers, and at this point in the “investigation,” Detective Havard is going after Pastor Demers to try to discredit him. ONLY ONE OF SEVERAL VICTIMS IS NAMED IN THE POLICE REPORT, AND DETECTIVE HAVARD IS ATTACKING THAT VICTIM AND TRYING TO DISCREDIT HIM—INSTEAD OF DOING HIS JOB AND INVESTIGATING THIS CRIME FOR THE PURPOSE OF BRINGING THE PERPETRATORS OF THE CRIME TO JUSTICE!
Please note the significance of the timing of the Meridian Police officer’s comment of Aug. 28, 2003 (in which the police officer states that Adelia’s people have guns and are not afraid to use them), and the move by Detective Havard to send for the “criminal records” of Pastor Demers. It wasn’t long after the police officer’s comments (19 days) that Detective Havard makes this move on Sept. 16th to send for Pastor Demers’ criminal records.
This is when Detective Havard enters the information into the police report regarding his request (made on Sept 16, 2003) for criminal records. NOTE: This is over a month after he made the initial request to Rhode Island. He states that he has not received any response from the RI court, so he is going to send another request.
Again, why is he doing no investigation into the arson? Why is he trying to get information about criminal records about Walter Demers, one of the victims of the arson? What does one have to do with the other? Why is he not investigating this arson, but instead is focusing in on one of the victims of the arson?
In his entry, Detective Havard writes: “There are no new information to point to a single suspect at this time in this case.”
Point to consider: Detective Havard never considered the “OLD” information nor interviewed the “OLD” suspects…why is he talking about NEW information re: suspects??? WHAT HAS DETECTIVE HAVARD DONE TO INVESTIGATE THIS CRIME? BASICALLY, NOTHING! HE HAS:
· NOT TALKED TO THE VICTIMS: WADE DEMERS, PATTI DEMERS, DEBORAH KELLER, JOSHUA POWELL;
· NOT FOLLOWED SOP;
· NOT TALKED TO THE NUMEROUS SUSPECTS;
· NOT PUT ANYTHING OF HIS SO-CALLED POLICE INVESTIGATION INTO HIS REPORT; (We guess it’s because he obviously did nothing! So there was nothing to put into the report!)
Phone conversations between Joshua Powell and Pastor Demers. THIS INDICATES THE AVAILABILITY OF JOSHUA POWELL BY TELEPHONE. JOSHUA POWELL WAS STILL A WILLING AND AVAILABLE WITNESS.
Adelia and her church members (about 250 people in all) leave the state practically overnight. They move out of the church building and out of the houses on 41st Avenue and surrounding area. (THE PRIME SUSPECTS LEAVE TOWN PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT TO GO TO ANOTHER STATE, AND NONE HAD BEEN QUESTIONED EXCEPT ONE, WHO WAS QUESTIONED IN A VERY NEGLIGENT FASHION.) The only one who apparently stayed is Mr. Early, who still lives next door to the house that was burned, and who taunted Pastor Demers and his executive assistant, regarding the fact that they would never find out what happened regarding the arson because he (Early) had “good friends downtown.” (See May 27, 2006 entry under “EPILOGUE” below.)
A man named Bill Watson comes to the parsonage, unsolicited, sits in the living room and tells Pastor Demers, Mrs. Demers, and another witness that the reason they’re not getting help downtown (with getting the arson investigated) is because “big money changed hands.” (Note: Bill Watson would later change his story and recant, obviously after being intimidated/threatened. In one of his denials, which was in a phone call with some of the victims, Ken Storms’ voice could be heard in the background. This was on Oct. 2, 2006.)
Documented phone calls made by Pastor Demers to the following: Attorney General Jim Hood, WTOK, Max Wells of Governor Barbour’s Office, and Mayor Smith’s office. Pastor Demers was expressing his concerns that CCIA had been targeted and attacked as victims of religious persecution.
******RED ALERT! RED ALERT! RED ALERT!******
-VICTIMS NOT CONTACTED
-SUSPECTS NOT QUESTIONED
NO INVESTIGATION DONE
Detective Havard receives a fax from a Cpl. Kershaw in Rhode Island in regards to Wade Demers’ criminal records. (See details below.)
We see from the police report, page 5, Narrative #6, (reported 3/17/04, entered 3/17/04) that on March 16, 2004, Det. Havard received a fax from a Cpl. Kershaw in Rhode Island. Quotes from this entry:
1. a) “It had copies of letters where Mr. Demers had made allegations towards law enforcement, Governor S of Road Island at that time in 1992.”
b) “ After reading the letters Mr. Demers had written it is my opinion that Mr. Demers has a mental problem and now thinks others are out to get him or set him up.”
2. “It is my opinion there is nothing to prove anyone one person set this fire. But this does not exclude Mr. Demers as a possible suspect.”
3. “I will contact Mr. Demers later and explain there is nothing to say the church people across the street set the fire.”
4. “Note: Attached to this follow up is the paper work I got from Road Island.”
This was a response to a fax that Detective Havard had sent to Rhode Island to request the criminal records of Mr. Walter L. Demers (Wade Demers).
NOTE: What criminal records did he get??? According to his report, Detective Havard didn’t get any. As stated in number 1, above, he got copies of letters where “Mr. Demers had made allegations towards law enforcement, Governor S of Road Island at that time in 1992.”
To address the 4 points made above:
1. a) QUESTION: Is it criminal to write letters making allegations against law enforcement and governors? It so happens that Rhode Island was a very corrupt state. Please refer back to the September 16, 2003 COMMENTARY in this document. (Wade Demers never committed a crime; this is indisputable; he was framed and there is documented evidence to prove it, including, but not limited to, a document prepared by now Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, who was Executive Counsel/Policy Chief to then Governor Sundlun of Rhode Island.)
The individuals named who were convicted and went to prison (Chief Justice Thomas Fay, Governor Ed DiPrete, and Police Officers Tooher and Binns), were just some of the people who had committed crimes whom Pastor Demers was trying to expose over the years. (There are many other examples of other people who were corrupt who simply never got caught; they were not brought to justice in any court of law).
Also, there were others who were exposed on the cable television shows that Pastor Demers and others produced, such as RI Speaker of the House Joseph DeAngelis, who stepped down the week after Pastor Demers held up documents in front of the camera proving DeAngelis’ crimes. Also, take note that the prosecutor who prosecuted Pastor Demers blew his own head off with his own hand gun (his name was Mike Burns).
b) And, regarding Detective Havard’s comment that “after reading the letters Mr. Demers had written it is my opinion that Mr. Demers has a mental problem and now thinks others are out to get him or set him up…”
Commentary on this: (next page)
· What makes Det. Havard qualified to make the judgment that Pastor Demers has a “mental problem”? Is he a psychiatrist? A psychologist? To form an opinion such as he did, based on letters such as he refers to, is not good police work…it so happens that over the years, Pastor Demers has had four (4) psychological evaluations, by a Dr. Robert Wuraftic, Dr. Wan Choy, and 2 others…all determined him to be of sound mind…one even referred to him as “perfectly sane.”
· What would make Det. Havard think that Pastor Demers has a problem with thinking that “others are out to get him or set him up?” If others are out to “get him,” then he is right in his thinking. Please re-read page 3 of this document (“On various dates prior to the arson of June 8, 2003”) regarding the threats/assaults by New Beginnings members against Pastor Demers.
· We do not know the exact content of the information/letters from Rhode Island; Chief Dubose refuses to release these documents which we are entitled to under the Freedom of Information Act. This is a nice trick; Havard makes an opinion based on something he won’t show us, but at the same time is using this particular information to form an opinion that supposedly shapes his actions in this investigation. We know his opinion is based on falsehoods; his and the chief’s refusal to release the documents are merely attempts to prevent us from proving that Det. Havard’s “opinions” have NO BASIS IN FACT. (There are enough other facts showing that Detective Havard’s opinions have no basis in fact. But we just wanted to expose that particular trick because it is a common tactic of corrupt law enforcement and others when denying people their rights under color of law.)
2. Detective Havard’s next sentence is: “It is my opinion there is nothing to prove anyone one person set this fire.” We do not understand where that is coming from; it is a ridiculous statement. The victims maintained all along that they thought the arson was a collaborative effort from several people. It is interesting that Detective Havard forms this opinion after DOING NO INVESTIGATION AT ALL INTO THE SUSPECTS, THE THREATS BY THE SUSPECTS, THE CIRCLE BURNED AROUND THE HOUSE THE DAY BEFORE THE FIRE WAS SET, ETC. June 8, 2003 to March 16, 2004 = 10 months have gone by with no investigation.
Then Detective Havard says, “…this does not exclude Mr. Demers as a possible suspect.” This is ridiculous, and is coming out of nowhere, after NO investigation has been done into the real suspects who had the motives and the m.o. and a history of threats and assaults against Pastor Demers and CCIA.
To point to Pastor Demers as a suspect is not only ridiculous for the above reasons, but consider these:
· The house that was burned belongs to Christ’s Church in Action, and CCIA had just put in about $13,000 into renovating it;
· Christ’s Church in Action had no insurance on the house.
If Detective Havard had interviewed the victims according to his job dictates, (SOP) he would have known these facts.
3. Det. Havard says, “I will contact Mr. Demers later and explain there is nothing to say the church people across the street set this fire.”
How could Detective Havard determine this without doing any investigation and without aggressively pursuing and questioning all suspects, which he NEVER did?
It is obvious that there is a serious problem on the part of Detective Havard; he has some kind of severe prejudice against Pastor Wade Demers.
· DETECTIVE HAVARD DID NOT DO HIS JOB; HE WAS DERELICT IN HIS DUTY AS A POLICE OFFICER/DETECTIVE. (THIS SHOULD BE CLEAR TO ANY REASONABLE THINKING PERSON READING THIS.)
· DETECTIVE HAVARD HAD A PREJUDICIAL ATTITUDE TOWARDS PASTOR DEMERS, AND HE DENIED PASTOR DEMERS AND THE OTHER VICTIMS EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW.
· IN FACT, HE TOTALLY IGNORED THE FACT THAT THERE WERE OTHER VICTIMS OF THIS ARSON. THEY ARE NEVER EVEN MENTIONED IN HIS POLICE REPORT.
WHY HAS DETECTIVE HAVARD PROCEEDED IN THIS FASHION??? (Think about it: what would you do if you were a corrupt judge, law enforcement officer, politician, etc. and your crimes were being exposed by someone? Wouldn’t you do whatever was in your power to “squash” that person like a bug? Wouldn’t you do whatever you could do to “shut up” that person? And isn’t a good way to shut that person up to falsely accuse that person of something they didn’t do, to slander and defame them, to accuse them of having a “mental problem” or something like that?
4. As stated before, we have been unable to obtain this slanderous paperwork which has been used to obstruct justice in this case and has been used to commit other crimes against Pastor Demers and his church. Chief Dubose refuses to release it.
· Even if Pastor Demers was a criminal (he is not) or did have mental problems (he does not), what does that have to do with Detective Havard not investigating the arson? Does that mean if a person has a criminal record or a mental problem you can set fire to his house and get away with it? What does that have to do with not investigating the arson? And what about the other victims? What does Pastor Demers’ (supposed) “problem” (which he does not have) have to do with them? Aren’t they entitled to equal protection under the law?
· Also, it appears that Detective Havard, by his total lack of any proper investigation and the attitude he is portraying against Pastor Demers, is subscribing to this notion: “He’s got a mental problem, so they can burn his house and get away with it,” which is a terribly heinous attitude. On that note, please realize:
-It is not Pastor Demers’s house; he’s just responsible for it;
-It belongs to Christ’s Church in Action;
-It was being done over for other people to live in, including Joshua Powell.
· One of the alleged arsonists bragged to Pastor Demers and the Executive Assistant to CCIA that they would never find out anything about the fire because he had ‘good friends’ downtown.”
· Three people who were sympathetic to the victims were subsequently threatened/intimidated, and 2 changed their stories as a result, one became too afraid to even talk to them for awhile;
· Pastor Demers was told, by a policeman (in front of witnesses), “Watch your back, they’ve got guns and they’re not afraid to use them”;
· Pastor Demers and the Executive Assistant to CCIA were told on separate occasions by an elected city official that they were supposed to “pack (their) bags and run” after the house was burned, and that their lives were in danger. (Quotes: “Don’t you know what they did to Martin Luther King when they couldn’t stop him? They had him killed.” And “If I was mad at you, I’d tell you to your face and hit you with a 2 by 4, not these people—these people are sneaky; they’ll go behind the scenes, and there is no limit to their capability.”)
It should be noted that it was a policeman who told the pastor, “Watch your back, they’ve got guns,” and, an elected official who told him (and another person from on a separate occasion) “Don’t you know what they did when they couldn’t stop Martin Luther King? They had him killed,” etc. It would seem that a person who takes heed to things being said by a policeman and an elected official is being prudent, NOT having “a mental problem or thinking others are out to get him or “set him up”. These are not the rantings of a madman; these are the concerns of a prudent person.
And, the subsequent high visibility which has been brought about by Pastor Demers (and others) bringing these things to attention throughout the City of Meridian is also a prudent move.
The letters of William Hammack, Meridian City Attorney, in which he alludes to the fact that Pastor Demers' concerns are unfounded, indicates collusion on the part of Detective Havard and the city’s lawyer.
· Pastor Demers and his wife, for a number of months, had been meeting with Ken Storms (Meridian’s Chief Administrative Officer) on another matter separate from the arson. They would mention to him each time that there had been no investigation into the arson, that they had not been interviewed by the police as victims, suspects had not been questioned, etc.
· Ken Storms, after one of these meetings with Pastor and Mrs. Demers, and having been told again that no investigation has been done into the arson, contacts Detective Havard and tells him to conduct the investigation he should have done already. (NOTE: KEN STORMS HERE IS ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO INVESTIGATION DONE; THAT IS WHY HE IS CALLING FOR DETECTIVE HAVARD TO DO ONE.) We can see the thread that runs through this…for example, when, just a few weeks after the arson, a letter was sent from the City of Meridian, ordering that the church either repair the building or tear it down. Someone in higher authority was giving the order: “Do not investigate this crime, and have the building torn down.” In the words of Jesse Palmer, “These people are sneaky.” We guess when you are pulling the strings from behind the scenes to break the law like this under color of law, it is sneaky.)
· Detective Havard and another person go to 4015 Paulding Street, enter the parsonage without knocking or ringing the bell (this is illegal unless they have a warrant or believe a crime is in progress), walk through the house (it’s a “shotgun” house that goes straight through to the back), and go out the back door of the house into the back yard where Pastor Demers, his wife Patricia, and Deborah Keller, victims of the arson, are sitting.
· At this time, Pastor Demers, his wife, and Ms. Keller have no idea what Detective Havard looks like; they do not know him or the other person, and they’re startled to have someone just walk in to their house and walk in on them into their enclosed back yard like that. They’re thinking, “Who are these people?” (They subsequently find out that the head person is Detective Havard, having been sent by Ken Storms.)
· Detective Havard is rude to the victims, and says, “You’ve got nothing”…and starts to walk out. Pastor Demers, Mrs. Demers and Deborah Keller follow him and the other person back through the house and out the front door. Detective Havard and the other person get into their vehicle; Detective Havard is in the driver’s seat. Pastor Demers is realizing that Detective Havard had not done his job that Ken Storms had sent him to do, (to start to do an investigation of the arson that should have been done in the first place on June 8, 2003--following SOP, asking questions and getting names of all suspects and any of their pertinent information). Pastor Demers, realizing this, immediately calls Ken Storms on the cordless phone, and tells him that Detective Havard was not doing the job that Ken had sent him to do. Ken Storms says, “Let me talk to him.”
· Pastor Demers hands Detective Havard the phone, telling him that Ken Storms wants to talk to him. Detective Havard is told by Ken Storms to get back in there and do his job and get names…Detective Havard stays on the front lawn after getting off the phone, and basically acts in the same rude fashion.
· Det. Havard grudgingly takes down some names, addresses, and telephone numbers (from the victims) of people to talk to regarding the arson, but he still never contacts those people.
Remember that previously, on March 16, 2004, Detective Havard had made these statements, BASED ON FALSE, MISLEADING, AND SLANDEROUS INFORMATION AS WELL AS BY “OPINIONS” OF DETECTIVE HAVARD WHICH HAVE NO BASIS IN FACT. He stated that:
1. Pastor Demers had a “mental problem”;
2. Pastor Demers thought that others were “out to get him or set him up”;
3. There was “nothing to prove anyone one person set this fire”;
4. Pastor Demers was “a possible suspect”;
5. There was “nothing to say that the church people across the street set the fire.”
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS HAVE NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH REALITY; THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BASIS IN FACT, AND THEY SHOW A DEFINITE PREJUDICIAL ATTITUDE BY DET. HAVARD AGAINST PASTOR DEMERS, AS WELL AS A DENIAL OF THE TRUTH. DETECTIVE HAVARD IS FABRICATING. MAKING UP, INVENTING PARTICULARS AND PRESENTING THEM AS FACTS. THESE ARE CONTRARY TO LOGIC, AND DET. HAVARD IS CREATING FALSEHOODS THAT HE USED THROUGHOUT THIS REPORT TO BE DERELICT IN HIS DUTY TO UPHOLD THE LAW AS A POLICE OFFICER. HE DID NOT INVESTIGATE THIS CRIME; HE (EITHER ON HIS OWN OR AT THE DIRECTION OF OTHERS) ACTED TO DENY THE VICTIMS THEIR RIGHTS TO EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW BY WILLFULLY NEGLECTING HIS JOB AS AN OFFICER OF THE LAW.
IN FACT, THIS GOES BEYOND NEGLIGENCE—ANY REASONABLE THINKING, OBJECTIVE PERSON CAN SEE THAT, UPON CLOSE EXAMINATION OF THE FACTS, THIS IS NOT MERE NEGLIGENCE OR SHODDY POLICE WORK; DETECTIVE HAVARD IS EITHER BEING DIRECTED BY OTHERS OR IS ACTING WITH HIS OWN MALICE OR PREJUDICE AND BIAS IN VIOLATING THE LAW; HE IS ACTING CRIMINALLY.
(And also remember, the only reason Detective Havard even went to see the victims in the first place is because Ken Storms told him to.)
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: NOT ONLY ARE THESE STATEMENTS BY DETECTIVE HAVARD IRRELEVANT AND UNTRUE, BUT WHY IS THE FOCUS ON ONLY ONE OF THE MANY VICTIMS? PASTOR DEMERS WAS/IS NOT THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY THAT WAS BURNED; IT BELONGS TO A WHOLE CHURCH, WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT AGES AND RACES. PASTOR DEMERS IS JUST ONE OF THE TRUSTEES.
(Go to "POLICE FRAUD & DECEPTION, PART 3")
 A copy of this document was given to Ken Storms.
 There were many false charges brought against Pastor Demers over the years because doing so was an “easy” and effective way for those in high places to try and “shut him up,” so that their own crimes would not be exposed. They thought that they could “squash him like a bug,” or at least get him to keep quiet about their crimes by doing this. (For more details on this, go to: https://justicespeaker.blogspot.com/)
 Note the timing of the response—right after Pastor Demers had made some calls to various other people in the state to try and bring their attention to the persecution and the inaction by the Meridian Police regarding the crimes committed against CCIA. We wonder if someone “higher up” made a phone call to Rhode Island and told them to “cough up” something against Wade Demers…Could it be that the same pattern of what happened in Rhode Island was being repeated here in Mississippi? (“Let’s ‘get something’ on Wade so we can shut him up about our own crimes.”).
 except for talking to one person, Wanda Powell
 In Rhode Island the slander had gone all the way to Washington…when First Lady Barbara Bush visited Rhode Island, a secret service agent told Pastor Demers that they’d been told to watch for him; that he had a mental problem but wasn’t harmful. This is why in Mississippi Pastor Demers and his wife have recently maintained a high profile to prove the slander false; they are good people. (continued POLICE FRAUD & DECEPTION, PART 3)
"All that is required for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."
SPREAD THE WORD--
WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE THIS WEB ADDRESS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND RESPECT?
(As many as you are able)